When is a mix-comp not simply a mix-comp? When is an artist album far from just a.n.other artist album? When is a remix-retrospective not a… well, you get the point!
Bobina, that Kasparov of the keyboards, that regular Stravinsky of the studio, Tchaikovsky of the turntables and Rachmaninoff of the radiowaves is a man on a mission this month. With summer 2015 all-but ready to have its starting gun fired, he’s set to bring us something comparably ‘#Uplifting’!
To deliver on its titular promise Bobina has tossed out the long-player rulebook, ripped up the remix album rubric and turned mix-compilation convention on its head. Featuring new, original music from the man himself, ‘#Uplifting’ also sports daisy-fresh and classic remixes of his greatest hits & latest smashes. Equal to that task, he’s drafted in big-name establishment like Aly & Fila and Sean Tyas, as well as plenty from trance’s Class of 2015 (Jorn van Deynhoven, ReOrder, Photographer, Solis & Sean Truby to mention but a few).
Oh, and forewarned = forearmed: there’s also a kitten. A flying one
Out through Magik Muzik, April 20th: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/uplifting/id979181923
Said ‘Flying Kitten’ arrives promptly in Bobina’s mix in the form of his upcoming single, which starts ‘#Uplifting’s sky-bound trip. Hot on its heels, Aly & Fila go full-surge on the remix, putting their inimitable twist on ‘Invisible Touch’. Fast emerging UK trance duos are in no short supply either. Allen & Envy rephrase last year’s ‘Refuge’, while the once tech-moody ‘Basque The Dog’ becomes something far more main-stage, courtesy of Solis & Sean Truby. Further in, Bobina’s fellow countrymen Abstract Vision pop the hood on ‘Quattro 372’ and swap out its progressive house engine for a far trancier V8.
Every bit as ‘#Uplifting’ as its instrumentals are the mix-album’s vocal-based cuts… Taking Christian Burns’ spirit-filled voice to even greater levels, Photographer performs the remix equivalent of a full-court press on the Christian Burns vocalled ‘Still In Love’. Evermore elevating grades are likewise brought by Jorn van Deynhoven and Ahmed Romel to the Betsie Larkin-sung ‘You Belong To Me’ and Shahin Badar-voxed ‘Delusional’. Bobina’s own Megadrive variation of the Susana-sung ‘Play With Fire’ and Sean Tyas’ breath-stealer of a revisit to 2007’s ‘Lighthouse’ apply yet more speaker-kick.
Just to ensure that those final degrees of elevation are delivered on, Bobina works in RAM’s fresh take on’ Out Of Coverage’, the Beatport chart-topping ‘Winter’ remix from Simon O’Shine and ReOrder’s floor-hardy re-creation of ‘Nos Encontramos’.
Get ready then to get both hands (or all four paws, depending) raised and locked in the upright position – ‘#Uplifting’ in nature, name & intent, it’s a-coming your way this April!
Bobina – #Uplifting Tracklist:
01. Bobina – Flying Kitten (Original Mix) (6:00)
02. Bobina – Invisible Touch (Aly & Fila Remix) (8:21)
03. Bobina – Refuge (Allen & Envy Remix) (8:22)
04. Bobina – Basque The Dog (Solis & Sean Truby Remix) (6:20)
05. Bobina & Christian Burns – Still In Love (Photographer Remix) (7:00)
06. Bobina – Quattro 372 (Abstract Vision Remix) (7:15)
07. Bobina & Susana – Play Fire With Fire (Bobina Megadrive Mix) (7:20)
08. Bobina featuring Shahin Badar – Delusional (Ahmed Romel Remix) (7:26)
09. Bobina featuring Elles de Graaf – Lighthouse (Sean Tyas Remix) (7:55)
10. Bobina – Out Of Coverage (RAM Remix) (5:52)
11. Bobina – Winter (Simon O’Shine Remix) (8:03)
12. Bobina – Nos Encontramos (ReOrder Remix) (5:55)
13. Bobina & Betsie Larkin – You Belong To Me (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix) (7:34)
Originally written for ENL by Starkprofilespr