Fair to say Cosmic Gate have had a pretty charmed start to their milestone twentieth year. The first six months alone have seen the duo serve a brace of Beatport #1s with the MINT-playlisted ‘Come With Me’ and the “profound” (say DJ Mag) “9/10” ranked ‘Need To Be Loved’. January brought word of their first Grammy nomination and further saw the group kick off their Forward Ever, Backward Never tour – one that to date has touched 30 cities worldwide.
Evermore those shows have seen Nic & Bossi introduce IDs from their impending ninth longplayer, but further hard facts on [Forward Ever Backward Never]’s contents have remained elusive. Until now that is! For today, we can give it to you complete & straight – and for fans old & new, it’s gonna make for some mighty fine reading.
The headline: well the album’s nigh – proper nigh! There are less than 30 sleeps to wait, as Aug 23 is drop-day and its tracklist, advance clips and presale are live & kicking this very moment. You can head to your portal of choice (https://bit.ly/32T9K4T) to see what’s what, but hold up another minute and we’ll give you a couple of useful insights!
On its announcement Cosmic Gate commented that it was their intention to “take us closer to the 360 of who we are, where we’ve been and where we’re going. In order to do this, the group junked the ‘greatest hits album’ blueprint and approached their 20 years commemorator from four separate production angles.
‘Forward Ever’ places new Cosmic Gate productions like ‘Light Years’ & ‘Come With Me’ side by side with 2.0 rebuilds of immortals like ‘The Wave’ & ‘Not Enough Time’. It also serves as a platform for reworks of tracks that personally have been beyond inspirational to Cosmic Gate – ‘Lizard’, ‘Need To Feel Loved’ and ‘L.E.D.’ among them. Further, it features new takes by others on classic Cosmic moments from the past 20. In that respect, Nic & Bossi have called on the redoubtably future-minded talents of Ilan Bluestone, Andrew Bayer and others to prepare ‘Be Your Sound’, ‘Fire Wire’ and others for next-decade clubfloor glory.
20 Years – [Forward Ever, Backward Never] is an LP without precedent – a ‘greatest hits’ the likes of which you’ve never heard before (but more than likely will again!). It lands August 23 and you can presave/pre-order it here (https://bit.ly/32T9K4T) from today. More #FEBN info to follow shortly…
Tracklist: Cosmic Gate – 20 Years [Forward Ever Backward Never]
- Cosmic Gate – Come With Me (Album Intro Mix)
- Cosmic Gate & Foret – Need To Be Loved
- Cosmic Gate – Light Years
- Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt – Be Your Sound (Ilan Bluestone Remix)
- Mauro Picotto – Lizard (Cosmic Gate Remix)
- Cosmic Gate & Jan Johnston – I Feel Wonderful (Greenhaven DJs Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – Fire Wire (Andrew Bayer Remix)
- Cosmic Gate & Denise Rivera – Body Of Conflict (Elevven Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – The Wave 2.0
- Cosmic Gate – FAV (Patrick White Remix)
- Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt – Not Enough Time 2.0
- Cosmic Gate – Human Beings (Rolo Green Remix)
- Rank 1 – L.E.D. There Be Light (Cosmic Gate Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – Exploration Of Space (Grum Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – Analog Feel (Estiva Remix)
- Cosmic Gate – Conciousness (Genix Remix – Cosmic Gate Edit)