Drawing from his inspirations like never before, Urban Animal is Claude VonStroke’s most personal LP to date. Naturally this remix package has been curated with the same amount of passion and features some of the California birdman’s favourite producers.
Solomon, Eprom, Dixon, Jimmy Edgar, Photek, Kill Frenzy, Justin Jay, Doorly, Krust, Tanner Ross and SCNTST… It reads like the ultimate who’s who in creative electronic music. There’s even a remake of “Can’t Wait” by VonStroke himself.
From a psychedelic turn from Solomun on ‘The Clapping Track’, a technoriffic twist from Jimmy Edgar on ‘Lay It Down’, to a future hip-hop showstopper on “Plasma Jelly” from Eprom, this remix album is as personal and eclectic as the original itself.
Each remixer was picked by VonStroke who wanted his remixes to come from innovators and trendsetters like himself. From his inspirations such as Photek and Krust (two men who are responsible for getting the dirtybird bossman into production in the first place), exciting young talents such as Justin Jay, SCNTST and Eprom, to old friends and kindred spirits (Jimmy Edgar, Doorly, Solumon and Tanner Ross). This crack team has bolstered the original message of the album with clarity and creativity, each one of these revisions is a clarion call to the Urban Animal in us all.
Claude VonStroke – Urban Animal RMXS
Street Date: Beatport – May 5th / WorldWide – May 20th
Format: Digital + Vinyl
1. The Clapping Track -(Solomun Remix)
2. Dood – (Kill Frenzy Remix)
3. Urban Animal – (Dixon Dub Mix)
4. Can’t Wait – (VonStroke’s Where’s Kenny Remix?)
5. Plasma Jelly – (Eprom Remix)
6. Lay It Down Re-Smoked feat. DJ Nehpets – (Jimmy Edgar Remix)
7. The Clapping Track – (Doorly Clap & Pop Remix)
8. Sugar & Cinnamon feat. Barry Drift – (Justin Jay Remix)
9. Oakland Rope feat. Fox & Py – (Photek Remix)
10. The Bridge – (Tanner Ross Remix)
11. Oakland Rope feat. Fox & Py – (Krust Remix)
12. Dood – (SCNTST Remix)