|AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Sept. 11, 2014 – iZotope, Inc., a leading audio technology company, has released the next generation of its industry-standard audio repair software, RX. RX transforms flawed audio into usable material by removing noises, distortions, reverb, and more. With the release of RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced, iZotope adds new functionality that saves more time for creativity— whether you’re improving sample quality for use in a hard-hitting club track, or mastering a delicate classical music recording.
“Audio quality is a significant concern in music production today,” says Rob D’Amico, Senior Product Manager for iZotope. “With RX 4, we’ve developed an intuitive solution that not only improves the quality of recorded audio, but works seamlessly with your DAW to enhance it, making some of the most problematic audio release-ready.”
Aimed to reduce manual tasks in your production workflow, like removing distracting fret squeaks or mouth noises, RX enables users to rescue troubled audio and significantly enhance its quality through the addition of new automatic, intelligent modules, time-saving features, and deeper levels of integration with their host.
Highlights of RX
- Turn flawed audio into usable material by removing noises, distortions, reverb, hum, buzz, clicks, clipping, and other common, and often unavoidable, audio problems.
- Edit your audio like you would edit an image using precision drawing tools, such as a brush and magic wand.
- Reduce unwanted background noise and electrical interference from vocals in real-time, with zero latency, with the Dialogue Denoiser.
- Ensure smooth, even, and consistent vocal takes with tools that help match and balance multiple recordings like
- Automatic Leveling, EQ and Ambience Match. Seamlessly integrate with your audio production software, both as a standalone application or plug-in with RX’s roundtrip workflow, RX Connect.
- Identify the base frequency of unwanted hum, and precisely remove it along with its harmonics with Hum Removal.
- Repair distorted audio caused by analog and digital overload using with the Declip module.
- Control Time & Pitch with Radius® RT, iZotope’s time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithm as well as Pitch Contour, a pitch re-mapper with time-variable sampling.
Other highlights in RX 4 include the ability to Resample using iZotope’s SRC™ sample rate conversion algorithm, Dither with iZotope’s MBIT+™ dithering algorithm, a Spectrum Analyzer capable of automatically detecting peaks, Third-party Plug-in Support for Audio Unit and VST plug-ins, Batch Processing of multiple files at once, and much more.
Learn more about RX 4
Watch the RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced Overview on YouTube
Pricing and availability
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced are available now.
Through September 25, 2014, RX 4 will be available for $299 (Reg. $349/ €285) MSRP and RX 4 Advanced for $999 (Reg. $1199 / €919) MSRP.
Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts at www.izotope.com/en/account/ for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing.
Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced after July 1, 2014 will receive a free upgrade upon release.
Both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced can be used as a standalone audio editor or as a plug-in. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.
About iZotope, Inc.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, please visit www.izotope.com.